HELP !! Quoted Ideal Isar 35HE. Please help ???

They could spend a lot more than £50 in the second year with an out of warranty call out though.

chance of a 2nd year breakdown is slim and there's always a maintenance contract. I agree the 831 is better though.

Sponsored Links
ecotec pro from vhs direct comes with a 3yr warranty. I've always found the 831 to be more than£50 more in my experience, maybe just different suppliers etc....

And is 35KW really needed ?

Bigger the better. On a combi this maximum is only relevant to hot water performance. It will modulate its output down to whatever is required but if your pressure and flow are good then maximize it with a high output boiler. Vaillant or worcester both make good boilers.

Just fitted a WB greenstar 42 CDi. Hot water delivery is the best I've ever seen on a combi.

Sponsored Links
There is a downside to a very powerful boiler!

Most boilers will only modulate to about 30% of the maximum.

With a 35 kW that would be about 12 kW which would be way in excess of your possible rad output of about 6-7 kW. That will cause deep cycling and inefficiency and poor heat up.

I went to a new 24 kW combi in a bedsit with just one rad! It was obviously giving a considerable problem! The solution would have been a instant gas water heater and an electric radiator!

Tony

WB combi boilers,greenstar range, only go to 100,000 BTU on heating and you can enter the setup menu by hitting the chimney sweep button to control the modulation where ever you want. The default is full flame to start but you can set it to what you want.

There is a procedure you have to go through once your in the setup menu,BTW.

WB combi boilers,greenstar range, only go to 100,000 BTU on heating and you can enter the setup menu by hitting the chimney sweep button to control the modulation where ever you want. The default is full flame to start but you can set it to what you want.

There is a procedure you have to go through once your in the setup menu,BTW.

same with Vaillant and glow worm. its called commissioning!

Thanks for all yer advice. Seems to me a good buy for a 2u2d terraced is
the Baxi Platinum Combi HE A which comes with a 5 year warranty as long as you have it serviced every year. And it's British !!

Have I just chucked an unpinned grenade in to the crowd ? let's see . . . .

The Baxi Platinum Combi HE A which comes with a 5 year warranty as long as you have it serviced every year. And it's British !!

Which part do you immagine is British apart from the invoice?

Why do you think its better than a Viessmann which also has a five year warranty?

Tony

No idea, but i'm being educated which is all I wanted. And how can I say anything about Viessman, never even eard ov em. But thanks for another name to check out. So, forgetting the erroneous British part what do you think of Baxi ??

So, there's a thousand different views all coming from various Gorgi installers. But which is still the ultimate best for my little 2u2d terraced. Well, one other detail to throw into the pot -

My kitchen window is only 30cm from the left hand wall inside and only about 15-20cm to next doors single storey extension outside so, I need to ensure my window does not open on left hand side (right wall is not really feasable) and discussing the WB with installer on Tuesday he said whe WB will extend out from the wall more than 30cm. Anyone know of a good shallow boiler that will only be flush with the window ??

Thanks all again.

You'll never get the same answer from everyone, but trawl the posts on here and you will see the same names repeated....vaillant, worcester, viesmann. They also happen to be the more expensive boilers.....figures!
I'm really not a fan of baxi/potterton, I don't know alot about their recent boilers as haven't seen many, but they lost my confidence a long time ago with some hideous contraptions they've had the cheek to actually put on the market and its gonna take some work to get me back on side!

Do NOT get an Isar. See my previous posts on the subject. What better advice can u get than someone who's got one, and, in my case, has had a lot of problems with it?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back