HELP! Replacing EP2000 with Honeywell ST6400C

Sponsored Links
Actually something just struck me (lost a couple of brain cells last night!!) ...I can currently switch my CH and HW independently but the EP2000 doesn't allow me to set On/Off times independently....sorry I didn't clarify this earlier.

I am assuming then my system is ok and does just need a new programmer to set independent on/off times for CH and HW

I cant recall if you can do that with an ep 2002 i dont think so

I have a ep2002 in the stores and tomorrow night i will try and post the wiring schematic

The EP2002 cannot repace the EP2000 on gravity system because the heating & hot water systems ARE independant, in the EP2000 CH & HW times are the same, so the heating only on the EP2002 will not bring on the boiler.

May I suggest the following.
1. Buy a 2-gang surface mounted pattress (double socket box) to use as a terminal box. This is because the EP2000 terminals A, B, C, &D are just terminals for your convenience, not connected internally, the same for the N and E terminal blocks.

2. Wire the N & E wires to the new terminal block, and the A, B, C, & D likewise.

3. Terminal 5 on the EP2000 is the common and is usually linked directly to L, the new Honeywell controller has this internally linked, so all wires from 5 go straight to the L terminal.

4. Connect N & L to the new programmer base, screwed to the pattress, the old terminals 1, 3, and 4 are the same so should be a straight swap.

Finally make sure you have a 3A fuse in the supply before you switch it on, just in case...... :oops:

Sponsored Links
It can mate, you have a slider on the back that changes it from fully pumped to gravity hot water and pumped central heating, exactly like the ep 2000

not that it matters a jot

Having drawn and stared at the current wiring for days ( :eek: ) I think that actually makes sense to me :)

It doesn't have the 3 amp fuse anywhere so that will be my first port of call!

Thank you guys for taking the time to give advice I really appreciate it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back