Help some frustrated nurses!!!!

All we want is to be able to enjoy our showers
Easy. Fill the bath, all four of you stand in it and pour water over each other with jugs like them they have in Roman mosaics.[/quote]

Can I volunteer Chris, Please best buddy :cool:

Sponsored Links
That would not be good for your heart John!

In any case, Roman Baths were much longer, not just 1700 mm !

You could even toddle down to your local and measure them yourself ! Even check out the boiler while you are there!

Tony

<<<<ta

I will add the pics after the game tonight and before I leave for work.

We know its not a problem with the head as we have a new showerhead and hose. Also I'll give the washer a go 2nite.

Who knows maybe all we need to get this to work is a good pump >>>

I think there is a danger of us all being sucked in by a so-called sexy nurse.

From the above quote I would strongly suspect for 'sexy nurse' we should read 'hairy-ar*ed beer swilling football fan who happens to be a bloke'.

Sponsored Links
I can assure you we are all real females!

Well we managed to sort out the toilet problem and it was indeed a washer, cost £40 to repalce though.

As for the shower, the guy told us to put the pump in the loft rather than the airing cupboard.

Does this sound right?

sexynurse said:
...it was indeed a washer, cost £40 to repalce though.

rofl5.gif
rofl5.gif
rofl5.gif

£40 would have bought you "My First Book of Household repairs and DIY" and a lifetime's supply of washers. not to mention a set of screwdrivers and an adjustable spanner.

technically its the landlord who pays so all it cost us was a visit of a plumber and he was cute!

Were just four 19 year old nurses (but Sal is 20 Sunday!!) thanx again for all your help so far. xx

sexynurse said:
technically its the landlord who pays so all it cost us was a visit of a plumber and he was cute!

Were just four 19 year old nurses (but Sal is 20 Sunday!!) thanx again for all your help so far. xx

Sorry for adding nothing relevent, but Ive hurt my arm. I think it needs 4 nurses.

Oh, and Im selling some washers on ebay for 'spares' if your interested?

Tell you landlady. (If I was your landlord I would have fixed the problem myself), them nurses be ripping you off.

I know what you do. (or at least I did in a consultation room last year)!

Thanks.

Pumps in the loft can lead to problems. Static head (pressure ) is low so they tend to cavitate(boil water inside). Normal ish layout is
shmate14tech.gif

That sloping pipe won't exist and horizontal doesn't work so it's best to install a "flange" for taking the HW out of the cylinder. If you just connect to the HW pipe you suck air down the vent.

But you might be better off with a box on the wall which incorporates a pump and mixer. You can get thermostatic (better) or non-thermostatic aka manual.
Lower end would be New Team, better ae Mira or Aqualisa.

But as I said, check your water volume. It's easy to pump all your HW out in say 10 minutes Work out the volume in the hw cylinder you have, and measure the shower flow you have now. You use about double the volume of hot to one of cold.

Or forget the pump, use a mixer designed for low pressure supplies , and preferably raise the CW cistern a bit.

Agile said:
Most nurses I come across are working long hours and exhausted and tired and often a bit irritable too but are certainly not sexy. A Dodo was a bird that used to live in Mauritius but could not fly and is now extinct.

Its possible that a shower pump could go in the airing cupboard. A reasonable one would cost from £140 up to £400.

My strong advice is that you get a competent plumber to examine your system and advise what is suitable.

If you buy something yourself then you will probably get something unsuitable. Would you expect a plumber patient to select his own medicines when he is ill and ask you to administer them to him ???

The toilet probably needs a new float valve which is suitable for its water supply. Again I would suggest you let the plumber prescribe something suitable.

Tony

I bet you have pulled loads of women with your charm and witt over the years!!

I think she's encouraging you to live in a world of fantasy

The world is a dull place and a little fantasy helps to liven it up.

I thought my humourless witt only had one "t" ?

Tony

Agile said:
I thought my humourless witt only had one "t" ?

Tony

Perhaps its an anagram and only the w was unrequired :LOL: , although I can't imagine that.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back