HELP ! THIS PROBLEM IS SO SIMPLE !

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
CAN ANYONE PLEASE HELP. I AM 6000 MILES AWAY IN THAILAND SO CANNOT DIRECTLY ASSIST.
MY TENANTS BATH MIXER TAP HAS A SHOWER ATTACHMENT WHICH IS OPERATED SIMPLY BY A METAL DIVERTER... UP FOR SHOWER
DOWN FOR TAP....VERY COMMON
THIS DAMN DIVERTER IS JAMMED SO THE WATER ALWAYS ON TAP.
THE TENANTS ARE COMPLAINING LIKE HELL THAT THEY HAVE NO SHOWER FACILITY.
RATHER THAN HAVE A PLUMBER REPLACE THE WHOLE MIXER UNIT NOW I WANT A TEMPORARY SOLUTION AND WILL REPLACE THE MIXER TAP NEXT YEAR ON MY RETURN TO THE UK.
A RUBBER PUSH ON HOSE ATTACHMENT IS THE CLEAR ANSWER. ARGOS HAVE ONE FOR TEN POUNDS. THE PROBLEM IS THAT ARGOS'S UNIT IS FOR TWO TAPS...HOT AND COLD AND MY BATH HAS JUST ONE OUTLET AS IT IS FOR A MIXER. WHERE CAN I BUY A SINGLE TAP PUSH -ON HOSE WITH SHOWER AT THE END ?
CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHERE TO BUY A SINGLE TAP SHOWER ATTACHMENT. AN ADDRESS TEL NO OR SHOP NAME WILL HELP.
MANY MANY THANKS.

please see 6 which is here

Sponsored Links
A problem with those things is that mains pressure water pushes them off the taps!

If I was the tenant, I would think that I had a cheapskate landlord!

After a few days, I would engage a plumber to replace the tap unit and deduct the cost from the rent!

Tony

Sponsored Links
Agree with the above. You are taking their money so give them what they are paying for. As Agile says, it is quite legitimate for them to get this done themselves which only leaves them questioning the landlords intent.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back