help to fit light

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi guys
we decided to change a light fitting however the new fitting only has a L, N AND EARTH.
problem is we have 3 brown wires 3 blue wires 1 with extra brown cover on it and 3 yellow/green wires how the devil are we meant to fit all them into the tiny holes on the new light, i am thinking that the wire with the brown cover is from the lightswitch actually my friend told me so, if some one could help as to how to get all these wires into light it would be a great help thank you

Sponsored Links
use a chocoblock and chocoblock enclosure then just run line (brown) and neutral *(blue) and cpc (green yellow) to new light

the line you run to new light will be connected the blue with the brown sleeve

scaled.php

More info in the DIYnot wiki at the top of your screen

If the terminals on your light are too small then change them for bigger ones, although you can normally terminate a loop in to a standard fitting. You'll just have to add an extra connector for the loop wires.

You wiring is live all the time even with the light switched off so make sure you isolate properly at the fuse box.

Sponsored Links
ive done some extra research online so do we put all the brown lives together in a block put the earths together in a block and blues in block except the one with brown cover on this one goes into L in light so what about N and earth on new fitting do we just leave them empty sorry you must think typical women :eek:

ive done some extra research online so do we put all the brown lives together in a block put the earths together in a block and blues in block except the one with brown cover on this one goes into L in light so what about N and earth on new fitting do we just leave them empty sorry you must think typical women :eek:

yes
take blue to new light and g&y

thanks guys
my friend is going to copy that picture in the morning makes things really clear thanks so much
i will be back for more advice soon no doubt now ive found this great forum :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back