Help to remove Worcester Greenstar 24i Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm not sure if anyone can help give some advise on how I can remove my Worcester Greenstar 24i Boiler. We are relocating it in another part of our bungalow and have a plumber booked to fit it but he was not able to remove before he went on his honeymoon. He is not back for a couple of weeks and its stopping us from fitting the new kitchen. I have done some plumbing work in the past but never removed/fitted a boiler.

So far I have isolated the gas at the main supply, disconnected the electrical supply to the boiler, and turned off the water supply at the stop cock, I have also removed cover to the boiler and disconnected the flue.

I'm guessing I need to drain the system down but non of the rads have a drain off valve, their is one at the boiler but when I opened it nothing or very little drained off.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Sponsored Links
We had a Gas cooker but this has been removed and isolated. The property is currently un-occupied.

Personally I wouldn't waste good money moving that boiler I would pay a bit extra and get a decent boiler fitted in the new location

Sponsored Links
Ok , but still need to get it removed in the short term so i can get on with fitting the kitchen.

well if gas is off and system is drained and water and electricity supplies are all isolated and flue is removed just disconnect all pipes and lift it up about an inch then it will come away from the wall, you can not leave the gas pipe just turned off though you will have to cap it even though it is still turned off

You can download the installation instructions. Follow them in reverse.
Boilers are heavy!
As it's a bungalow, the boiler may be the highest point in the system so you don't need to drain much. Otherwise, choose a radiator that's not next to your best carpet and drain by undoing a valve.

Open drain valve at boiler and open AAV in boiler to release vaccum and see if you get anything out of the drain valve.
Then start undoing flow pipe to allow more air in. This should release any water held by vaccum.

Lets hope the ecv isint passing :cool:, I would get a gasperson to cut the gas and cap the pipe, the rest you can do yourself.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back