Help! Unexplained Water in the loft!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've just noticed that a small amount of water is entering the loft when we have heavy rain, but I can't figure out where it is coming from.

It's not pooling and instead it appears that drops have been 'sprayed' over a smallish area about 1.5ft by 2ft. Can't see any signs of where it is coming from, no obvious damage to the slates, been up there when it is raining and cant see it dripping in off a nail or running along a beam, and like I said it's concentrated in a realtively small area.

Not sure how long it's been going on for, only noticed it after we had the bathroom ceiling plastered recently and we spotted a damp patch after it rained.

Any ideas anyone? It's driving me nuts!

Thanks
Peter

Sponsored Links
Can you suspend some plastic with paper towels on it, might help identfy the location.

Sponsored Links
Ha! Mixed feelings shall we say? Obviosuly if it never rains again it's not going to be so much of a problem. But yeah, like to get it sorted sooner rather than later.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back