help - variable shower/water temp

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please help! I live on the 1st floor, have a Halstead Finest Gold combi boiler and a shower that feeds off this (not electric or pump). The water pressure isn't great has been measure and is just above the legal minimum - only one mains pipe feeding the block of four flats though. When running hot water for the shower, it takes a while to get going then sometimes varies between hot and cold. This seems to happen with baths as well, tho normally when the tap is on full. It does not necessarily seem to be at 'peak' hours when others might be having showers (but I can't say for certain!). I have had a gas safety check on the boiler... heating engineers have said it is not the best boiler but is ok (tho it sometimes loses pressure and needs topping up). The pressure from other taps seems ok but drops off sometimes, I think when other flats are using the water.

Help - how on earth do I tackle this? Will a shower with a pump work - or a thermostatic shower??? Or could it be a boiler problem? No one seems to be able to tell me. I really don't have much of a budget and don't want to spend money fixing the wrong problem!

Any advice gratefully received!

Sponsored Links
amleca said:
When running hot water for the shower, it takes a while to get going then sometimes varies between hot and cold. This seems to happen with baths as well,

Sounds as if you need to get an engineer to sort your DHW.

Not a DIY job. :(

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back