Help - Where can I buy solid oak doors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi - I've just bought a property in South Yorkshire which needs a bit of work, all the doors are beyond redemption, but I dont really want the run of the mill
DIY supermarket paper thin specials. I need something with a little more substantial and the originals I have seem to be solid. I looked in most of the newsagents magazines but have yet to find a supplier.

Please help as the other half seems to have her heart set on solid doors.

Regards

Mark

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the info , I looked on the LPD website, but they all appear to be veneered / engineered. I did a search for their doors and they seem to be a lot of money. Surely someone can provide a solid one for similar cash.

Thxs

Jon

Sponsored Links
Youy're complaining that a heavy, solid oak door is more expensive than a cheap substitute?

If you want a heavy, solid-feeling door, look at fire doors. They are available panelled and/or veneered as well as flat paint ones, and they are thick and heavy which makes them feel substantial. A standard internal door, even if solid oak, will be thinner and lighter than you are probably hoping for, due to the standard thickness.

A solid oak door will be very expensive. You might have to look at external "front doors" if you want a substantial door.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back