help wiring a GET electronic dimmer switch.....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I bought a GET electronic dimmer switch for our hallway and it replaces just a a 2 gang switch. the wires in he wall do not correspond to the wire terminals in the GET. My dad was helping yesterday but went home sick, and today he has phoned up o say hes still not well so it wil have to wait to next weekend.

The wiring on the curent switch is
common =yellow with red sleeve
3 = red wire
2 = blue with red sleeve

I've put some pics up, perhaps this dimmer switch isnt for a 2 way operation, if i connect the wires up wrongly, will it break the dimmer or just not work?

Can anyone help with which wires go where?

ive just created a album with some pics,

incidently i thought i'd put the dimmer in the lounge that as two switches/lights in it and this just as a red wire to and a black wire with red sheath around it.so was going to connect the red to the L terminal on the GET switch and the black and red to the wavy terminal

thanks

Sponsored Links
chances are it won't work with a regular 2 way switch, you will need a slave switch for the other ends.. it will say in the instructions that came with the switch..
we also need pictures of the connections on the other switches..

ah ok i think i might just install this in the lounge for now and look at the hallway in more depth (well my dad can) the lounge just has a red wire and a black wire with red sheath, am i ok to put the red wire into the L terminal on the switch and the black with red sheath into the wazy terminal.

just looked on the instructions and i did see that it said '' for 2 way or multiway installationsseparate momentary action, retractive switches are required any exsisting 2 way or intermediate switches must be replaced''

thanks

Sponsored Links
you don't dim hallway lights.. it's a bad idea..

ha ha, eah i guess so, it was just as we have three kids one wants the lghts full on and th eothers moan that there are two bright. put lights in there rooms and still not happy. Just connect the switch up in the lounge now, havent swith the mains on yet, can you clarify the connections above are correct so i dont fry the switch

thanks

connected up the get switch as above and not lights! hmmmn i guess switcing the wires round will work?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back