Help wiring in a new electric oven (inc Pics)

What's with all the black tape?

And you're meant to have the sheath of the cable in the clamp on the outlet plate..

Sponsored Links
always put black tape on, don't worry no cut cables :LOL:

Yeah I know the clamp is supposed to go on that part but I had cut the cable a little too short :oops:

Sponsored Links
14ujmyo.jpg

Shame about the legs. :LOL:

And you're meant to have the sheath of the cable in the clamp on the outlet plate..
Buy flex and cut it a little longer. That cable looks as tight as a guitar string. Also its a good idea to leave the earth a little longer than the others so it is the last to become disconnected in the event of a tug when the strain relief device has not been used.

it looks worse than it is. That unit in the first pic has now been removed so the cable has a little more slack. It's drooping under the units so not too bad although I wish I hadn't cut it too short now.

That said, you're not supposed to have more than 2m anyway so don't want to run an even longer cable. This one is only slightly over 2m

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back