Help - Wiring up an electric cooker, has no wire from cooker

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Come any one help?

Our cooker blow up today so we have had to buy a new one. Our old one had a cable which was wired into a unit at the wall. ( Not the Switch One, the three cable box )
The new cooker doesnt have this. It has a box with screws and two thin metal bits which come out, and is labelled ready for Earth, Live and Neatral.

We have bought the cooker cable to connect up to the wall but just can not figure out how the three wires go into the cooker.

Does any one have any advice, it is a hotpoint electric oven.

Sponsored Links
possibly what you have to do is remove terminal cover where the bits of wire are coming out on the oven , and then the three termianls should be obvious, or look in your manual it should say in there. Probably the bits or metal sticking out were used to test the oven in the factory ???

Nick

Thanks, but the terminal wont come off, it appears that wires have to be connected to it.

I think i will have to be beaten on this one, as the manual has not details on it.

Does it look anything like this?

cookerconnection.jpg

Can you take a photo of the bit you are having trouble with and post it on here?

I wonder it the sticky out bits are single phasing links?
(This allows you to use a continental oven in the UK)

Sponsored Links
trying now to work out way to get it on to pc, it doesnt look like that, it is a rectanglur box with six screws down one half, they are numbered, and down the other side there is three line indicating L N and Earth, On live and neutral there appears to be the thin metal things that could possibly hold the wires, but there is no where for the earth to go.

Will sort the pic out LOL

The E terminal on many cookers is often different to the L & N connections.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back