Help with a ford transit heating system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi i have a ford transit SWB 1999 model has the old style rounded grill on the front lately my heating in the van has not worked after about 20 minutes driving around the temperature gauge on the dash will show about half way between hot and cold but when i switch the heating on the air comes out cold :( i checked the coolant level in the expansion tank and it was a little below the minimum so i topped this up this was done while the engine was cold and afterwards i drove it to work but when i tried the heating the air still blows cold :( any help would be greatly appreciated before i start striping things out

also i have a slight leak in the power steering hose does anyone know where i can buy hoses to replace them?

Sponsored Links
Hi,

Sounds like the heater matrix faulty - scrappy mite have one cheap - again with PS hose - safe bet is to goto some garage n get a price - maybe £5?

Matrix would cost about £15 from scrappy - you would need to remove it yourself though.

You could try flushing it out first, disconnect the hoses where they go through the bulkhead and stick a hose in one and then the other, with any luck it will push the muck out of the other end, fill with coolant with one hose off so it purges the air out. Another posibility is the temperature control system. I don't know how transits work but it will either have a valve in the water supply or a flap in the heater.

Sponsored Links
Back