Help with a hinge

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

First of thanks for all your previous help :D
I,m building a bookcase with two glass doors, now i,m not sure if this is even possible but i would like to inset the doors ( not on the edge at the front but about 20mm back into the side pannels)
Is this possible and if so i assume i need special hinges for this i can,t mount them on a strip of wood as i have already made the doors to size 800mm with a slightly larger gap by around 5mm for them to fit into
hope this is clear enough sorry if a bit vague but i,m not a professional just starting out but enjoying learning

Sponsored Links
You could use the hinges that you fit kitchen doors with, but you'll need a Forstner bit to drill the holes.

It is possible to use normal hinges ,it is a bit fiddly but if you just chop in the hinge on the door as normal then the front edge of the hinge leaf on the side panel to the right depth making sure the hinge pocket is pared back at a angle ,so you can still see the butt end of the hinge ,the door should still open as normal

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back