Help with building PC enclosure and workspace

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I currently have a PC under my staircase. It more or less the same dimensions as the below pic.

"Deleted Pic"

What I want to do is build an enclosure to have my keyboard and mouse on a slide out shelf. I would like to perhaps have doors that cover the PC and to just be able to see the monitor and speakers.

Are there any sites that I can see some designes of these enclosures.

I'm realitively new at DIY but I think I shoudl be able to doe this with a bit of advice from yourselves. I would like to have a finish similar to this sideboard

Thanks for your advice.

[/img]

Sponsored Links
I don’t know if the diagram you are displaying is the one used by another member or if you are the same member with a deferent user name but the both drawing are identical !!!!!

If you are using another members diagram I hope you have asked permission first. Or if you are the same member why have two user names?

First thing you need to do is check what size of desk top you will be ending up with, and if this is large enough for you purposes. If it isn’t then all the help in the world wont help will it ?

A normal / standard desk height is 700 – 750mm high.

700mm is the norm for a desk and 750mm is the norm for a dining table.

Sorry I'm new to this forum and thouhgt you could reuse other peoples pix. I've now removed it from the original post and will post a new one with the sizes.

I already have a metal pc desk under the stairs at the moment with the pc however the desk at the moment is not using all the space. I need a deeper and wider workspace.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back