Help with buying and wiring a new wireless thermostat

Yes just use any bit of wire to link them together. Preferably it would be brown but anything aside from Blue or Green/Yellow would be OK. Just cut a piece about an inch long to link from L to 1. You will have to do similar even on any other brand, I was just using that as an example.

Sponsored Links
Just thought as you gave me advice then I'd let you know the outcome.

Bought the Drayton DF700 today from Screwfix and had someone round who could install it for me (though we did refer back to the wiring instructions on the messages above so thanks for that).

Initially it was working back to front, i.e. we turned it up and it went off, we turned it down and it fired up, so we reversed the wires and it now works. The wiring instructions were a bit confusing so it wasn't easy.

Hopefully it will continue to work well and keep us warm this winter!

So thanks for your help guys. Really appreciate it.

Sponsored Links
The first Grasslin you gave a link to is just a thermostat, it's not a programmable one.

As for Honeywell CM927, all I can say is that I have had one for nearly eight years and it has worked perfectly. No sign of the screen failing. The poor reviews on Amazon suggest that there has been a bad batch. Honeywell are very good when it comes to replacing faulty items.

On my 6th screen failure already. Does seem there is a dodgy batch otherwise I quite like them and I'm still happy to fit them as Honeywell have been golden with it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back