Help with connection to 0.5" copper pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can you still get half-inch to 15mm end-feed reducers? If so, where from? If not, do I use compression fittings for the task, and do I need to get 0.5" olives, or will 15mm olives work? Or can I use Hep20 15mm fittings? Will these work on 0.5" pipe?

Sponsored Links
Yes you can Try Plumbcentre or Travis Perkings although if you are carefull you can get 15mm fittings to fit on to 1/2 pipe

I'll try these two places. Thanks. I've managed to get 22mm fittings on ¾" pipe, but never managed to get 15mm fittings on ½" pipe. (Especially at the back of some old grubby cupboard).

DON'T put 22mm onto 3/4, use an adaptor. They come endfeed or solder ring. Or use a 3/4 olive in a 22mm compression fitting.

BES.LTD.UK do 1/2" to 15mm endfeed, item 9165. I have NEVER needed to use one! If you clean the 1/2" with a bit of emery cloth a 15mm will go on it fairly easily.
There are pushfit adaptors too.

Sponsored Links
Agree with ChrisR. 1/2" and 15mm are so close they are interchangeable with a little attention. This is not the case for 22mm and 3/4", or for 28mm and 1", both of which should use the corret adaptors.

Sorry for the confusion here. It's some time since I had to mate imperial to metric, but I'm just about to embark on a job where I'm sure the existing stuff is imperial and I wanted to get a few connectors in stock in case of need. I thought it was the 15mm size where compatability was a problem, but obviously my memory is playing tricks, and it was the 22mm where you need an adaptor. Since all the work in question is 15mm or ½"size, there shouldn't be a problem. Thanks to all for help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back