Help with Cookies PLEASE

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I use windows ME & have recently upgraded to IE version 6 (prev using version 5)

For some odd reason, whenever I try to sign into my home page on Expedia.co.uk I keep getting an error message stating that cookies are disabled. It tells me to go into Tools, Internet options, privacy & then to change settings, I looked at this, but my settings are all fine.

I've had a play around with diferent settings but nothing seems to work. This is the ONLY web-site that I'm having problems with. I've tried e-mailing them several times & they've now told me to contact me ISP

Any help would be much appreicated.

Sponsored Links
Could be a security issue, try adding the website URL into the trusted sites list. Tools-Options-Security-Trusted Sites. Then paste the url.
:D

Yes, I've already tried that, still doesn't work.

I've now downloaded a new browser 'Firefox' and whilst using this, I can at least access my account details with Expedia.

I just don't understand how I can do so with one browser but not the other? Especially when I haven't altered any of my security settings?

just to check - in your "privacy" list, is that URL shown as "always allow" or "always block" or is it not listed so it defaults to your standard rules?

Sponsored Links
This is just one of the reasons we switched to Firefox. IE is a pain in the ??? We had a similar problem and we never was able to cure it.

Salem.

Back