Help With Facebook Please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Somebody has asked me to do a facebook page so they can send me some pictures and I said I'll get round to it when I can, a few weeks ago I started to sign up but need to complete my registration.

I would like to know a few things about it such as:

How safe/reliable is the privacy?
Is it essential to have a profile/much of a profile?
Anything else basic really Etc.

The reason is I am quite a private kind of person who does not like my details etc on anything to be seen just by anybody which is why I am a bit hesitant regarding signing up.

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
It's easy enough to limit the info that you put on it, but to be honest, I have a Facebook page which I've disabled because it was a complete pain in the backside. Every day there'd be dozens of e-mails telling me every bloomin manouvre that Facebook had made and other silly things like quizzes and "presents".

Drove me bats.

Get them to send the pics by e-mail or set up a photobucket account and share it with them.

Facebook is a great way to stay in touch, no need to write emails or such like, just ''poke'' them evey no and then so's they know your thinking of them, its great, you can set it to different levels of privacy if you don't want every tom dick and harry to see your pic's.

Sponsored Links
It's easy enough to limit the info that you put on it, but to be honest, I have a Facebook page which I've disabled because it was a complete pain in the backside. Every day there'd be dozens of e-mails telling me every bloomin manouvre that Facebook had made and other silly things like quizzes and "presents".

Drove me bats.

Get them to send the pics by e-mail or set up a photobucket account and share it with them.

you can disable all emails from facebook, no need to go nuts, i find it a very good way to catch up with old school friends, i would reccomend it totally

When signing up, lie about everything and use a fake profile pic. Only people that you locate and invite to be friends will know it's really you. and you avoid all those anoying people you used to work with/go to school with/hang out with, from pestering you and making you play their silly games. :mad:

It can become very time consuming if you are one of those people who doesn't have a life!

Much like DIYnot :oops: :oops:

Back