Help with Ideal ISAR m30100 please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone,
Hope someone can help, my problem is that the boiler ideal ISAR m30100 makes a rattling noise that can be heard through the pipes, been doing this for a few months now, sometimes wakes us up in a morning, it only makes this noise when on DHW, actually its when the boiler is slowing down when the demand for hot water has finished when the burner has switched off, which leads me to another point of why the boiler wakes us up is that it has a really stupid function that pre-heats the hot water so every couple of hours or so the boiler fires up and runs for 20 - 30 seconds or so and then makes the rattle noise.

Is there any way to disable this pre-heat function ? removing or adding a shorting link in the control box or a software update pahaps.
Apart from it being very annoying it seems like a waste of very expensive gas as we only require it a few hours at night since we are both at work all day, my other option is to turn the boiler off at the master switch, but I don't really want to have to do that evey day.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Sponsored Links
Has it been serviced/inspected regularly?

Sounds possibly like the fan. You need to get an RGI in to check, as everything is behind the combustion chamber door and sealed.

Hi, it was serviced sometime ago end of 2006 start of 2007 would have to check, I realise it is due for a check over, been trying to get the plumber/heating enginer that we use to come and have a look but he keeps letting me down, would it be better to get ideal out to it ?
Also still intrested to know if you can disable the pre-heat function, do other combis have this anoying function?

You cannot disable the preheat because it uses that feature as part of the flow detection mechanism.

Tony

Sponsored Links
You cannot disable the preheat because it uses that feature as part of the flow detection mechanism.

Tony

Tony

Tony

I have had problems accessing this site for much of today, it comes up as unknown!

When I tried to post that reply it seemed to become locked up and took over three minutes to upload my reply.

Being less patient that some, I pushed the button again, and again....

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back