help with laminaTE

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Should I feel embarrased?
I have done plently of diy projects around the home, however in the past I have tried to avoid working with wood, This time though we have purchased some flooring through an unmissable sale that it was offered at and we havent the money to have it fitted by a proffesional. So even though the instructions are on the pack, can anyone basically start by telling me exactly what tools im gonna need and any tips to getting a good finished job. There are nearly 40 square metres, that is two rooms and the joining (bendy) corridor.

Any help is m,uch appreciated, thanks

Gaz

Sponsored Links
Ha, no not even started thinking about it.
Any help is greatly appreciated.
thanks

Sponsored Links
the basics :LOL:

leave unwrapped lying flat in the room or simmilar enviroment [temprature and moisture]for a few weeks before laying to acclimatise

tools
fixing kit not essential but so much easier electric jigsaw with lots of spare blades[101b or d] fretsaw\jigsaw -- combination square-- hammer

make shure the floor is clean and free of protruding nails [use the hammer at an angle on its side and with a sweeping motion "feel" For nails] use good quality underlay start in a corner work from left to right working to or from the window large tounge should be showing on the floorzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz getting tired now will complete tommorow :LOL: :LOL: ;)

You must have been tired BA.
6 days later and you haven't woken up to finish. lmao

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
zheeelllooo dewy yyyaaawwwnnn zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back