Help with loose handle

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi there,

I have a loose handle on a a "juliet balcony" door in my apartment. Sorry but not sure if thats the right term for the door - it can pivot horizontally or vertically (along the base). You can view a video of the looseness here...
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6b4OEFKzWLnMGFUc3pUQlBwMEU

I was hoping I could take the handle off and tighten it up in someway but I can't work out how to take the handle off. The only screw I can find is on the inside of the handle (its an allen grub screw - see picture) there are no screws inside the frame or outside. I've taken this out but still can't see how to remove the handle. Can anyone suggest how this is taken off?

Cheers for any advice

Huw

Attachments

• File_000.jpeg
    File_000.jpeg
    69.3 KB · Views: 140
  • File_001.jpeg
    File_001.jpeg
    70.1 KB · Views: 131
Sponsored Links
PS Just guessing but undoing the grub screw putting the key in and turning part way might let you remove the lock then the shroud may clip off but that's only what I would try;)

Thanks I will have another play with it.
Do you think the handle needs replacing or will I be able to tighten it - if I ever work out how to take it off :)

Sponsored Links
Im not familiar with that make so cant help with getting the cover off but one you suss that it should just be a case of tightening the screws behind it

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back