Help with my drains

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Guys, i am having my downstairs toilet re tiled and fitted out with a new toilet and sink. i am in the process of re positioning the toilet, its no good where it is, but i have to move the drains to suit it, the toilet that was there went straight into the floor into a clay pipe, i have dug down, and about 8 inches down it fits into a elbow that goes under the house wall, so i have about 8 inches to play with, i need to move the new drain into the existing one about 14 inches away, i will use two plastic 90 degree elbows and connect to the clay one with a rubber connector, with it being a short distance and two elbows, will it likely to cause blockages? i have a flexible converter to try and increase the angle, but that means it will have very little concrete over the pipe, and when the fitter drill the floor for the pan, he may drill into the pipe, what are you opinions?
I have cut as much as i can off the top of the old clay elbow with a grinder, but i cant go too far..
Thanks Dean

Attachments

• photo (21).JPG
    photo (21).JPG
    129.7 KB · Views: 93
Sponsored Links
Here's another proposal - dont do it as shown on your diagram.
Perhaps try this: Drop down and enter a 45 degree & slant down to another 45 degree that enters into the remaining stub of the soil pipe before it goes under the wall.

My way will avoid two 90 degree turns and give you immediate depth away from the concrete surface.
However, I dont have detailed dimensions to work with?

Why not post a photo of what you have so far excavated and cut?

Here's another proposal - dont do it as shown on your diagram.
Perhaps try this: Drop down and enter a 45 degree & slant down to another 45 degree that enters into the remaining stub of the soil pipe before it goes under the wall.

My way will avoid two 90 degree turns and give you immediate depth away from the concrete surface.
However, I dont have detailed dimensions to work with?

Why not post a photo of what you have so far excavated and cut?
Thanks Vinn, but i cant go down far enough to get the angle, the clay elbow starts to go under the wall

If you post a photo and detailed measurements I'll be in a better position to advise you - typically, (but not always) if you can do it in 90's you can do it in 45s.

Sponsored Links
If you post a photo and detailed measurements I'll be in a better position to advise you - typically, (but not always) if you can do it in 90's you can do it in 45s.
thanks, i will see if i can get some tmw

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back