Help with my understanding of the regs

Its my mams house i'm working in and i'm just geting through the regs at the min thats why i asked the question how else would i find out if i didn't ask?????

Sponsored Links
Its my mams house i'm working in
Maybe for this job which you can't cope with it is.

Hi i'm just starting out and looking to clear up a few things.
always run single core cable through conduit and twin in wall or under boards
thats just where i was going to put the plastic conduit its in a gym
there are a few large gym machines along the wall

You must think we are ******* stupid.

Its a m8 that owns the gym and its not like im just wacking things in without checking i'm doing it right, have the regs infront of me as i'm typeing this everyone has to start somewhere and yes i dont have a lot of practical experience, say what you like m8 all im botherd about is that im installing right and if that means i have to ask for a second opinion im going to.

So you're fully qualified, and insured, are you?

PLI OK for doing the electrical work in a gym?

Your mate fully discharging his obligations under H&S legislation with respect to members of the public and his employees, is he?

But back to the job for your Mum. You still don't seem to get it. Lacking experience has absolutely nothing to do with not understanding the wiring regulations.

You cannot help but to start out lacking in experience. IMO you shouldn't start out on your own - you should work with somebody who has the experience and skills that customers need an electrician to have, and not charge for your services where you haven't yet acquired the experience and skills your customer needs to to have.

You can have zero experience and still be able to read and understand the regulations.

And if you cannot read and understand the regulations that is not because you don't have experience - it's because you are not cut out to be an electrician.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back