Help with plumbing in Dishwasher

:ROFLMAO:
edit , not laughing at you op

edit again , op ignore that one:LOL: your last query

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Easiest solution being to employ a proffesional..
The way you're proposing to install this machine the end result being blockages and smells.

Easiest solution being to employ a proffesional..
The way you're proposing to install this machine the end result being blockages and smells.
I understand that, and I'm very tempted. But what would they do differently to what has been suggested here?

The extension idea definitely seems the easiest. And it would save all this hassle of merging waste pipes or installing new things. I was hoping some one could confirm whether the length of the waste hose would be an issue so I know whether to rule out that idea or not

:ROFLMAO:
edit , not laughing at you op

edit again , op ignore that one:LOL: your last query

Just to clarify. By kitchen tap outlet I mean under my sink there is a vacant water outlet and waste pipe hole, as opposed to connecting the dishwasher directly to the kitchen tap if that's what I made it sound like

Sponsored Links
The extension idea definitely seems the easiest. And it would save all this hassle of merging waste pipes or installing new things. I was hoping some one could confirm whether the length of the waste hose would be an issue so I know whether to rule out that idea or not

have you not been listening or are you going to take advice , if not just stick with the hose like you wanted to do in the first place:ROFLMAO::rolleyes:

I have been listening but I have got a bit lost with it all...

From what I can read into the replies so far... there seems to be a lot of differing opinions on how to go about merging the dishwasher supply and waste with the washing machine.
I don't like this option anyway as it will involve drilling holes in the wall to feed the hoses through and by the sounds of it will involve addition bits and pieces to be installed.

Unless I've missed something no one has given any for or against points to my prefered option of running the extension from under the sink, or whether its even doable. Personally I can't see the problem in having 3 meters of waste hose. But I'm a bit clueless with this which is why I started this thread to begin with

most people on here are saying not to do the extension hose option , do it properly to avoid future problems. with the hose option with problems stated above also you have to worry about the fall on the extension to sink as well. i know you want easiest and cheapest option but the other way is a no brainer and you are probably better getting someone in to install it for you TBH.

If using a T to split the water supply then ensure whatever you use is full bore (some have a reduced size bore), if the washing machine outlet goes inside an upstand pipe (white plastic 32mm) then consider upgrading this to 40mm as far as you can then just drop both outlets inside the upstand, wouldn`t join them together in case of any backwash from one to the other.
Two washing machine waste hoses won't insert into a 40mm standpipe..:)
Each machine should utilise its own stand pipe....industry gone to the dogs..
That's not what I suggested.
You can use one stand pipe with u-bend/air break, but with a Tee (side on = |J ) thus two 40mm pipe sections for your outlets to hook in to. This way no restrictions are created to the waste water.

Three meter run for your waste extension will be too long in my opinion and I would look for another way of plumbing it.

Thanks for all your suggestions... I think I'm going to go down the plumber route route though as this has got far too complex

If using a T to split the water supply then ensure whatever you use is full bore (some have a reduced size bore), if the washing machine outlet goes inside an upstand pipe (white plastic 32mm) then consider upgrading this to 40mm as far as you can then just drop both outlets inside the upstand, wouldn`t join them together in case of any backwash from one to the other.
Two washing machine waste hoses won't insert into a 40mm standpipe..:)
Each machine should utilise its own stand pipe....industry gone to the dogs..
That's not what I suggested.
You can use one stand pipe with u-bend/air break, but with a Tee (side on = |J ) thus two 40mm pipe sections for your outlets to hook in to. This way no restrictions are created to the waste water.

Three meter run for your waste extension will be too long in my opinion and I would look for another way of plumbing it.
Two usernames????..Lavo/Just pumps...;)
BTW ..that's exactly what you suggested..

I'm happy following dodgy plumbers/kitchen fitters around with their combined wastes, one way valve sink traps and my favourite....isolation valves behind built in appliances. Keep them coming plumbers and kitchen fitters, as I can always make a few bob out of sorting it properly. Nice easy homers for me.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back