Help with Potterton netaheat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Our Potterton netaheat 10-16 main gas burner doesn’t fire up – the pilot does light.

I have replaced the PCB (which hasn’t made any difference) and whilst doing so I noticed that part of the electrode lead connector has sheared off.

Is that likely to be the problem and where can I get a replacement connector?

Thoughts and help appreciated.
Luis

Sponsored Links
If it carries on sparking then the electrode lead is not making good contact.

The contact resistance should be measured between the lead and the pcb. It needs to be less than about 10 ohms.

The easiest solution is to solder it on if you cannot bend it as required.

Because of dangers you MUST not open the combustion cover on your boiler. The precludes you replacing the whole lead even if it was still available.

Tony

Thanks for your advice – don’t worry, I wouldn’t dream of removing the boiler cover.

You have not commented on if it carries on sparking!

If it does not then there is a far worse fault that may be the end of the boilers as parts are mostly unavailable.

Tony

Sponsored Links
If the pilot is alight, then surely it's not an ignition lead fault?
sorry have just realised that this boiler uses same electrode/ht lead for sparking and procing/rectifying :)

Went to have a look – there is a spark at the lead connector also I think that the pilot light spark is still going even though the pilot is lit.

If the ignition is still sparking then follow my advice above.

Tony

I need an engineer... I spoke to one a few weeks ago but he didn't seem to have a clue about this boiler.

Any ideas about who to call? I am in London.

Cheers.

Just a quick query.... no electrical work has been carried out in the house recently has it?

Was just thinking about reverse polarity.

Mr. W.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back