Help with powering my LED straps in garage please.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello there! I'm looking to improve the lighting in my garage. Unfortunately, I don't have electricity in there. My idea is to install reflective foil in the rafters above the area where I'll be taking pictures. I'm planning to use my garage for part-time eBay sales and some DIY projects.

I'm seeking your advice on what type of LED strips to use and how to power them, as I intend to hang them in the rafters to provide ample lighting. Do you have any creative ideas or suggestions? Please help!

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Solar panel(s) and some large batteries from the scrappy, ideally tractor/truck/leisure batteries. Take a multimeter along with you to test them

For lighting there's thousands of different options, you could use household light fittings and 12v dc bayonet bulbs

I don't intend to undertake substantial DIY projects in my garage. Its primary purpose is for capturing eBay product images and maintaining inventory. My key requirement is excellent lighting, particularly at the back of the garage. To that end, I'm contemplating using a set of batteries and LED strips, with some conversion to run on battery power. Could you inform me if this setup is expected to last for a couple of years? If not, what's the anticipated lifespan? I'll spend around 2 to 3 hours daily in my garage, as I have a full-time job and limited spare time.

Links:

Car Battery

LED Light Strip Kit

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back