Help with radiator valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This is the radiator valve currently on. The TRV is broken so am going to replace.

The bottom of the valve looks solid though and although I've bought a 15mm replacement i cant see how its going to fit on.

Sponsored Links
Hi Jim sorry but that is not a standard TRV it has a 15mm female thread on the inlet and looks like a remote thermostat Phial is also fitted, not a standard valve Im afraid and very doubtfull if the one you have purchased will be the same

Hi Ian,

Thanks for the reply.

Do you know anywhere to buy these? Also any help with replacing them? How can you take them off whilst isolating the water flow?

Cheers

The brass fitting below the thermostat is a ballofix isolating valve so you can use this to isolate the supply, this is a commercial valve that you have installed and maybe someone that will come on later will be able to advise you if you can still get them , personally I would change the set up to accomodate a compression valve, you could try calling Drayton direct and see if they can advise you , I have always found them very helpfull, but as it is a commercial valve expect to pay through the nose for a direct replacement

Sponsored Links
The TRV is broken so am going to replace.
Take the head off - turn the knurled nut towards you - and check if the pin can be pressed down and will spring up when released. If it does, only the head with remote sensor needs to be replaced. You can get replacement heads.

If you have the older TRV3, you will need the TRV3 to TRV4 adapter: Part No: ?

Drayton will advise you: [email protected] .They are very helpful.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back