help with ravenheat combi boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please someone help we have had about 4 heating techs out all safe gas registered and no one can help its cost us so far in the region of £400+ and still not workin ...we have a combi boiler when you put heating and hot water to auto on timer it fires up and radiators start to heat once you turn the hot water tap on it starts were its tryin to firer up all the time then just cuts out and overheat switch comes on.if we put it to hot water only is struggles like its firing up all the time. If we turn the timer to off then we get hot water no heating. we have been told its the main board which we had replaced then we have been told its the fan modulatin board PCB which we have replaced several times as we were told the new one we bought might have blew or be faulty....someone HELP.

Sponsored Links
what model is it? I would suggest shafted diverter valve, the nut at the back is a pain to get on, probably why your 4 techs aren't interested and charging you for needless parts. Have you had the money back?

csi 85 (t) i think ..the one who changed the main board was never to be seen again some others just havent had a clue and the parts we havent had money back for as couldnt be refunded....its just been a nightmare ..refuse to pay anymore money to MAYBE fix it just want to know what is deffinetly is not maybe is...we have to young babies and its gettin cold so need is sorting we could ov had a new boiler for what we are paying. thanks for your help.

Some other installers on here sometimes criticise me for saying that the standard of competence in our industry is often lower than should be the case. I wonder what their view of this situation would be.

This is a prime example of people who should know better replacing parts which are not likely to be the cause and then having the cheek to charge for their incompetance. If they dont know then they should say so.

A British Gas fixed price repair at about £190 would have fixed it eventually. Why did you not use them?

Tony

Sponsored Links
well if he has no luck with BG then I would be happy to look at it on a 'no fix no fee' if he lives near hartlepool

Can you not decide yourself if Cleveland is close enough to Hartlepool ?

"""Cleveland (pronounced /ˈkliːvlənd/) is a city in the U.S. state of Ohio and is the county seat of Cuyahoga County,[5] the most populous county in the state. The municipality is located in northeastern Ohio on the southern shore of Lake Erie, approximately 60 miles (100 km) west of the Pennsylvania border. It was founded in 1796 near the mouth of the Cuyahoga River, and became a manufacturing center owing to its location at the head of numerous canals and railroad lines. With the decline of heavy manufacturing, Cleveland's businesses have diversified into the service economy, including the financial services, insurance, legal, and healthcare sectors, though the city's population has continued to decline. Cleveland is also home to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.[6]"""

I cover all of London but charge a little more to go to the distant parts and dont always go the same day.

I also go to Reading, Staines Watford etc. and I have been to Kingston ( on Thames ) recently

Tony

Why when it comes to boilers do people insist on paying these clowns just to throw parts in. Sounds such a basic fault as well, such a simple lay out on these boilers. I think it would be very different if you picked the car up from the garage and they said it still has the same fault but here is a bill for 400 pounds.

agile why are you being a Muppet? clearly when his stated location is 'Cleveland, United Kingdom' he was really meaning from the states :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back