Help with shower mixer pressure problem...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Firstly, I'd like to apologise for leeching on your forum. I've spent a couple of days harassing google with this but have drawn a but if a blank. I'm a chippie by trade so should be able to bring something to this forum but plumbing has never really been my forté.

I have recently fitted a shower mixer to my bath. The problem is there doesn't really seem to be much pressure on the hot water. I need to turn the cold on just the slightest amount and have the hot full blast just to run a sensible bath. Also if I have a shower the slightest nudge if the cold tap makes the difference between freezing and scolding.
The cold water is coming directly from the mains and the hot is coming through a combo boiler.
Is there any way I can up the hot pressure?? [/quote]

Sponsored Links
Anyone is welcome to ask sensible questions in this forum.

At least you can spell forté with the accent in the right place. Perhaps you are not really a chippie but a charpentier?

Your problem might be boiler related. You must tell us the make and model and measure the flow rate in litres per minute from the hot bath tap.

The solution ( bodge ) will probably be an isolating valve in series with the bath tap to increase the flow resistance to more closely match the resistance of the combi.

A more elegant solution would be a pressure reducing valve!

Tony

Thanks for getting back to me Agile...
The boiler is a vailant. I'm not sure of the model but it says ecotech on it (now I sound like a div).
The flow rate from the hot tap is 7.5l/min, I'm not sure if this is slow or if the cold is just very fast as it is considerably quicker.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back