help with supplying a garage

In your case I'd be chiselling a tapered channel, from the hole, in the wall so at the end of the bend it is flat to the internal wall.

I'm not sure what you mean exactly. Chisel from the hole downwards, on the outside of the wall, such that the cable can gradually make it's way into the wall?

Sponsored Links
Still confused :D

Think I will drill an angled hole in the wall, and chisel out the tapered channel to take the strain off the cable as much as possible. Here was me thinking my bit was nearly done!

Is your friend a good enough one to sign this:

FOR DESIGN, CONSTRUCTION, INSPECTION & TESTING
I being the person responsible for the design, construction, inspection & testing of the electrical installation (as indicated by my signature below), particulars of which are described above, having exercised reasonable skill and care when carrying out the design, construction, inspection & testing hereby CERTIFY that the said work for which I have been responsible is to the best of my knowledge and belief in accordance with BS 7671:2008, amended to ............. (date) except for the departures, if any, detailed as follows:

even though he didn't do it?

And are you a bad enough friend to ask him to lie?

Sponsored Links
Well it's been raining hard all day today so after buying another length of swa and some other bits n pieces for doing the single swa length, I set to work wiring the inside of the garage. Working the next 3 days but have a couple days off next week so hopefully get it all done for the weekend!

I would like my outside light to have a motion detector at each end of the garage is this feasible?

Again thanks to all for the constructive criticism!

There's a bit of T&E sharing the same hole through the wall as a water pipe.
Not the best idea.

re

I would like my outside light to have a motion detector at each end of the garage is this feasible?

Yes, if you have the right sort of PIR unit(s). They need to have relay output.
Most of the stand-alone PIR detectors have this. Go for a decent make, like Steinel. You'll regret it if you go cheap.

Haha it might look like it in the photo but I assure you the cable and water pipe aren't coming through the same hole! The cable comes up through the floor in white conduit, and the end of the cable is just hooked behind that pipe to keep it out of the way for the time being :)

Think I will drill an angled hole in the wall, and chisel out the tapered channel to take the strain off the cable as much as possible. Here was me thinking my bit was nearly done!
Surely, having installed the cable, whats done is now done? Your not going to replace the SWA with a longer peice and take inside the wall at this point?

Daniel

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back