Help with taps on a jacuzzi bath

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

While doing some jobs at a house i was asked to investegate a leak which turned out to be a valve leaking but the taps are not sealed at all the whole part of the tap body sits over the valve that comes through the bath just attached with a grub screw at the side

I cannot see how this can be a water tight seal i have attached some pictures hopefully will show what i mean
Anyone with experance with this type fitting give me some idea how its water tight?

You cant really see from picture where i have it in my hand but there is a gap through bath where tap base comes through

cheers

Attachments

• DSC_3445.JPG
    DSC_3445.JPG
    115.5 KB · Views: 106
  • DSC_3446.JPG
    DSC_3446.JPG
    120.6 KB · Views: 91
  • DSC_3447.JPG
    DSC_3447.JPG
    174.3 KB · Views: 100
Sponsored Links
thanks for that reply i was merly asking a question i assumed there was a part missing or it was a dodge i didnt realise people had to be born all knowing

You have to excuse some members sometimes I think they are more interested in getting their post count up instead of actually giving advice.

I had a similar situation not the exact same taps I took them off put a ring of silicone round and put back on. That stopped the leaking.

Sponsored Links
Thanks ,
so you put silcone underneath? just seems odd there is a gap where tap valve comes through like should be some kinda gasket or something

The whole of that part in my hand is one solid piece

Your right there probably should be a gasket. You could look to buy one or use silicone both should achieve a similar outcome which is no more leaks.

Just get a competent plumber to stop the leak. It’s probably a gland issue.
Please don’t thank or like me!

Last edited:
You have to excuse some members sometimes I think they are more interested in getting their post count up instead of actually giving advice.

I had a similar situation not the exact same taps I took them off put a ring of silicone round and put back on. That stopped the leaking.
Well done that man. Was it half a tube or less? Just trying to gauge the severity of the leak?

Well done that man. Was it half a tube or less? Just trying to gauge the severity of the leak?

I think the problem is we are trying to advise on something different from the information the poster has given. I am explaining how to stop water leaking from the top of the bath through. You think I am telling him to use silicone in a leaking valve?

It’s called DIY Not!

I quote from the front page

DIY can be both challenging and rewarding - this is where DIYnot.com aims to help. Our expert teams have brought together hundreds of information pages. Why not Do It Yourself?

You have to be competent though or they’d call it nutters who do plumbing!

Please realise I’m on a wind up here. A sock will sort it!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back