help with worcester 24i combi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
can anyone give me some advice on my 24i rsf combi, the problem is when i turn the central heating on it blows the reset button after about 20 seconds, the hot water is fine, and i`ve thrown lots of cash at it by replacing the fan, as this wasn`t working, pcb, as the troubleshooting guide advised this, over heat switch and thermistors, just because i felt like throwing 30 quid at my boiler, and still no central heating, i switch it on, it ignites, then as the water is about to be pumped through the reset button pops, help please.......

Sponsored Links
Throw another 40 quid at it by replacing the pump head, then all shall be well.

;)

The pump is really only used for heating.

Assuming you haven't got any isolating valve closed or the raditors are all turned off (or TRV pins jammed down) then.....

Check you have power to the pump (connections on the side), undo the center screw (a little water will run out) and check it's turning. Probably dead.

I's easier to just change the pump head (4mm hex key).

Don't be too p**sed about the board and fan.....with the age most are now, these parts are starting to fail.

Sponsored Links
pump has now been replaced, and my central heating is now working, a big thanks guys.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back