help?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, Ive just put in a thermostatic mixer shower.

When the shower head laying in the bath, the water is red hot, but when I put it back on the shower it is cold.

My cold water tank is level with top of it so would it be hard to move tank to the loft :?: :?:

Sponsored Links
Did you read the instructions, and fit as per ? I dont think so,
well as it was not me that fitted the shower to start with! but i was there when it was put in. and yes it was fitted as the instructions said so. but as cold water tank is in the bathroom on the same leavel as the shower it says on gravity systems the minimum distance from the underside of the cold water storage tank to the head of shower must be 1 metre! thats why i asked if it would be hard work in lifting the tank :?: :?: :?:

Sponsored Links
My cold water tank is level with top of it
It doesnt say that in the instructions!

minimum distance from the underside of the cold water storage tank to the head of shower must be 1 metre!
Now thats what it says in the instructions

yes it was fitted as the instructions said so

So NO it wasn't fitted in accordance with the instructions?

So NO it wasn't fitted in accordance with the instructions?

Im not a plumber okay?

Ive tried to explain i did not fit the shower myself.
the lad that did fit the shower dun everything that it said in the instructions book that came with the shower!

i only found out that it needs to be 1 meter above shower head! when i went on to the web site. about the shower.

I thought all the stuff you should do to install the shower would have been in the book that came with it! or i wouldnt be on here asking for help would i??????

to gaymac

do NOT pm me. ever. again.got it.

did not post a solution,as your solution was posted by other posters.

you are getting a wee bit defensive about this, sadly your only solution is to lift the height of the tank so that its at least 1m above your shower outlet.

don`t get upset with your boyfriend,he read the shower install manual and got a bit mixed up.

dont meen to be funny but i think if you had read my first message propely you would have understood what i asked!!! like is it hard work in lifting the tank? or and one last thing i dont have a boyfreind. if thats the way you go about life thats up to you! but that stuff is defo not my cup of tea sorry!

I've never seen any instructions that don't tell you about the required head.
If what you are telling me is right I can only assume that you have some cheap chinese shower with 'Chinglish' instructions.

Most of this stuff is not approved for use in the UK.

What is the make and model of your shower?

1) do you have a hot-water cylinder?

2) is the cold water supply to your shower from the water mains (high pressure) or from the cold tank in the loft?

To raise the cold tank, I need to know a bit more about your roof construction. Is it make from old sawn timbers sawn and nailed together, with notches at some of the joints, or is it a modern one made with "W" or triangular shaped pieces assembled using metal plates at the joints? Please measure the sizes of the timbers making up your roof, and also the distance between supporting walls (there may be load-bearing walls in the middle of your house, or just round the outside). If you can post some pics of the roof construction, showing the current position of tank and pipes, that will help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back