Help!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have three red, three black and three yellow/green coming out of a light fitting in the ceiling. I wish to connect a new light with one wire of each colour. What do I connect to where? Please help!

Sponsored Links
Connect the tree reds together
Connect the three green/yellows together
The three blacks consist of two neutrals and a switch wire and you need to determine which one is the switch wire.

When the switch wire is determined (tape it brown) and connect that to the brown of the fitting and the two remaining blacks to the blue

Rickoza said:
Hi

I have three red, three black and three yellow/green coming out of a light fitting in the ceiling. I wish to connect a new light with one wire of each colour. What do I connect to where? Please help!

there is a for reference thread. go read it.

Cheers! Still not right, not a sparky myself so I think I'll get a hold of one tomorrow and get it done right. Just don't want to take any chances with this, but thanks anyway.

Sponsored Links
Rickoza said:
Cheers! Still not right, not a sparky myself so I think I'll get a hold of one tomorrow and get it done right. Just don't want to take any chances with this, but thanks anyway.
well, at least you have the ability to know when changing the light is too far above you and you need a sparky... other just try and try and end up gettin a shock or worse...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back