Help...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am having a patio laid this weekend and forgotten about the electrics. So need to get things sorted in a hurry.

I want install some lighting on the patio and need to run the cables under the slabs.

I have no intention on connecting the lot up and understand the need for Part P regs etc.

All I want to do lay the cable, ready for an electrician to connect the lot up. As I don't want the slabs taken up again. I am intending to use 6 lights

I understand that you need to use SWA cable, if this is to be laid beneath stone slabs do you need to bury 450mm down etc?

For each light do you need to use an 3 way underground cable joint? such as the Pratley, then take SWA to the light fitting. This will need to be burried beneath the slabs and would involve connecting up the cable which is what I want to avoid. So is there another way of doing this?

Thanks for your help

Dave

Sponsored Links
Hi pug,
Given the short time and the problems of getting someone to certify the work (how do they know what you've done to the buried cable?) perhaps it would be easier to bury a drain pipe from the position of the lights to the (?) house wall. Put a strong rope through it when laying. You can build the patio, then do the wiring at your leisure.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back