Hep20 Brass pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just plumbed in my rads with Hep2o and fixed the pipes in the wall exact for the rad.
To keep it looking right I am using the supplied nickel plated 15mm brass pipes that match valves. These are pushed into the elbows coming out the wall. To fit the rad valves.

My concern is I push the pipe in and as always check it's locked in. But I was able to pull the pipe out with some resistance without using the plastic release key. Same on both elbows.
This is a vented gravity fed system but still concerned me. Should I use compression elbows or would you proceed?

Attachments

• 1678388144931601742863700721807.jpg
    1678388144931601742863700721807.jpg
    214.7 KB · Views: 71
Sponsored Links
Chrome plated pipes are not suitable for use on push fit fittings. The Chrome is too hard for the grab rings to bite into.

Sponsored Links
Or you could use a piece of copper pipe and cover it with a chromed sleeve.
The wickes ones are cheap and can be easily cut with scissors.

Or rub the pipe down with emery/120grit to remove the plating, grab ring should then bite in.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back