Hep20 underfloor heating conservatory pack

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I was planning to use an underfloor heating kit made by hep20 for conservatories. It basically runs as another radiator from what I'm led to believe with its own temperature control valve that sits inside the conservatory.

However, when the house gets up to the right temperture, regardless of whether the temp valve in the conservatory is still below the required temperature or not, the whole system will shut off and therefore stop heating the conservatory too.

Also, I read somewhere (it may have even been on here) that it can take 10 hours for the floor to reach any sort of acceptable temperature - is this right?

Am I better off fitting a normal radiator out there (and still facing the initial problem of the house getting warm before the conservatory and cutting the heating all together) or using an electric wall heater?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
it sounds expensive. how big is the conservatory? why do you think it will be particularly difficult to heat?

im assuming you have a roomstat that controls the rest of the house and thats why you have concerns about the conservatory not heating up enough if the rest of the house is. if you were to have the roomstat high and the house rad valves set low then you could counteract that problem

you could have the conservatory on a seperate pipe/zone valve, so that it would stay on as long as you wanted and the house stat would have no effect on it. there is potentially a fair bit of extra logistics and hassle to do that.

its about 9' x 14' and is currently freezing - we keep the patio door closed otherwise the living room gets too cold. It has full length windows which I know are bad for thermal insulation, plus the seals are poor and you can feel a draft at most of the joints/windows. We're planning to have a new one built with a dwarf wall which will hopefully be warmer. So at this stage I was just wondering what my options were - I'm starting to decorate the living room and need to know whether I should feed central heating pipes in there before I re-plaster the walls, or just fit a wall mounted electric heater.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back