Hep2o and Yorkshire fittings.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Having a house built and the plumber has used hep2o pipe and copper Yorkshire push fit fittings. He is a friend and says he swears by it and has used it for years. The fittings were expensive as he knows I wanted quality and future guarantee . However, another plumber visited the house and says.they are not compatible and I should use plastic push fit with plastic pipe etc. It's not boarded yet so we could change them and I even said I will pay for the wasted fittings( apparently you don't pull apart and we must cut the pipe etc) but the plumber is still adamant that it will be fine. He even said he has contacted both manufacturers and they say it's fine. Please let me know your thoughts , am I just being paranoid. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Mr A N Other-Plumber is talking codswallop.

Yorkshire push-fit fittings are called Tectite. The Tectite section of the Pegler Yorkshire handbook clearly states "When using PEX and PB plastic pipe the correct support liners must be inserted into the pipe."

As long as Hep2o inserts/stiffeners/liners have been fitted, it's fine.

In the Tectite range there is "plastic" PEX (cross-linked polyethylene) barrier pipe. Where does that leave his "advice" re compatibility?

Ditto. It will be fine if he put the inserts in the pipe ends.

If he knew you wanted quality though, maybe he should have done it all in ye olde copper pipe. ;)

A perfect response. The A N Other Plumber will be told tomorrow.
As for the use of copper, i agree. However, i am the builder and house owner and tend to change layouts and designs if and when i want to and thats easier on the plumbing side using plastic etc.Thanks for your responses, i also actually called Hep20 and pegler and they confirmed exactly your views

Sponsored Links
most grant oil boilers come with tectite fittings. that fit straight of the heat ex. id like to see other pushfits that would survive. basically it would be cheaper in copper fittings . but in all, tectite is the best on the market for pushfit.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back