Here's an easy question ( - for the wise)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Alpha Combi (on LPG) is not working - not heating water or rads.
Steady RED neon light showing.
Pressure gauge was below the green sector, but I've boosted pressure back in to the green via filling loop.
Have turned the dial to Reset and can hear the boiler trying to fire up, but neon just returns to RED after several seconds.
** No gas is coming out of the cooker hob.

Is it simply a matter of: EMPTY GAS TANK ?
(for a variety of reasons I won't be able to check LPG tank guage until daylight tomorrow)
Or might it be a failure in some other part of the overall system?
Any help offered would be much appreciated. If I know tonight what is most likely cause, I can get an order off to BP all the sooner - whether for service/parts, or a refill.
Cheers.

Sponsored Links
Are we talking bulk tank.

AS whatdoiknow said the Upso has probably tripped if low on gas so you will need to reset that eventually. I would go and pull the knob out and try it.

Yes - it's a bulk tank - size of a mini-sub!

OK - wots an UPSO - where can I find it - and I'll go pull it ...

:)

By the way - thanks for such prompt replies chaps/chapesses.

Sponsored Links
You should find a plastic cap with a rod inside, pull the the spindle, do not push, after you have turned all the appliances and emergency valves off.

if it resets slowly open the valve or it will trip again

Thanks for all advice guys ... will check tank levels & reset UPSO tomorrow am.

If you are out ask the driver to show you how to reset if you haven't figured it by then.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back