Hi all interesting install query

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all I have over 25 years experience at this game and am also approved for intruder and CCTV. I dont usally do houses as there is no money in them however a very good client is building a new house 6500 sq feet of it !!

Now the house will be two story with concrete units set on to form the first floor do you.

1 use basket clipped to the bottom with pvc/pvc and drop to the sockets also trying to avoid the large amount or recessed lights and with 2 off 2x2 battons at 90 degrees this will not be handy

2 use pvc pipe with pvc onlys and rise up to the sockets hoping that no one damages the pipes

3 clip pvc/pvc to the battons

There will also be cat5 intruder cctv surround sound and ariel along with dedicated phone lines thats a lot of stuff

Your on topic helpfull sugestions welcomed.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Are there any contractors on here ??
Is that because you don't really have a clue what you are doing?

Hi all I have over 25 years experience at this game
its not a game

and am also approved for intruder and CCTV.
approved by who

2 use pvc pipe with pvc onlys and rise up to the sockets hoping that no one damages the pipes
you really dont have a clue do you

why dont you just be honest and ask are there any contractors on here who want the job?

The answer is no by the way

Unfortunatley the world is full of them and they cant read I asked for constructive replies.

Approved by SSAIB you can Google that

Approved by NICEIC you can Google that

so **** off into your box and dont come back

Whats the problem with heavy guage 20mm PVC pipe with 2.5mm PVC only single cables I assume you do know how to use pipe or did you miss that at school.

Sponsored Links
Never have I seen such a bunch of podantic people ever.

When you go to the wholesalers do you ask for Pyro (if anyone here even knows how to terminate it) or do you ask for MICC you are splitting hairs.

I know perfectly how to use 20mm and 25mm steel pipe never mind PVC yes I can use a bender and I can also work with tray

I am not asking for a lesson on terms on her I was asking for your opinions and NO ONE has said anyting usefull so I am still waiting !!!!

I personally think the basket with PVC/PVC t+e would be best (do I need to look up the cable number to avoid any more telling off.)

The job I was at last week was 2 off 190Meter runs of 185 4 core armoured at 9 meters up in parallel so dont even start that I am out of my depth I am sorry I ever thought that there might be a chance for an exchange of ideas between contractors on here what a mistake.!!!!!

so p**s off into your box and dont come back

Whats the problem with heavy guage 20mm PVC pipe with 2.5mm PVC only single cables I assume you do know how to use pipe or did you miss that at school.

There's no problem with that, it's your poor terminology that's the problem.

Also, please refrain from profanities. It's not wanted here.

Do I take it then Gary that PVC pipe in the floor is your preferred method ?

Thanks.

I am not asking for a lesson on terms on her I was asking for your opinions and NO ONE has said anyting usefull so I am still waiting !!!!

I personally think the basket with PVC/PVC t+e would be best (do I need to look up the cable number to avoid any more telling off.)

I have a feeling you'll be waiting for a very long time with an attitude like yours.

BTW it's 6242Y.

Never have I seen such a bunch of podantic people ever.

When you go to the wholesalers do you ask for Pyro (if anyone here even knows how to terminate it) or do you ask for MICC you are splitting hairs.

I know perfectly how to use 20mm and 25mm steel pipe never mind PVC yes I can use a bender and I can also work with tray

The job I was at last week was 2 off 190Meter runs of 185 4 core armoured at 9 meters up in parallel so dont even start that I am out of my depth I am sorry I ever thought that there might be a chance for an exchange of ideas between contractors on here what a mistake.!!!!!

You talk the talk, but then ask some very basic questions.

Im confused.

The majority of sparks on here know all the terms, and have also used varying sizes of SWA, singles etc.

Many (if you search) have also used pyro/MI/MICC or whatever term you wanna use.

If the ceiling is only battened down with 2x2 timber, you are at the very limit for placing T+E in the ceiling void (as you should know). I would try to pursuade the builder /archi to increase this gap. you could then opt for a hugely simpler and far cheaper install. The extra cost in timper would easily off set the addional elec requirements that would otherwise be required.

Gary sorry for the way I came over it was the 1st and 2nd replys they seem to be idiots

The house will have solid floors on the ground with 9" block walls supporting bison concrete units with the next floor built on them. Then 2 off 2" battons attached at 90 degrees with plasterboard to form the ceilings.

It is battoned down 4" 2off 2x2 at 90 degrees maybe you do not have this system in England its common here but as I said in post one I dont like houses as there is no money in them.

I wouldnt bother with basket.

The void will be closed and lost.

A house will electrical services on nearly all walls, and lighting points dotted everywhere. You would never basket to each position, so it would be best to simply clip direct, or bunch and group.

As above, get the ceiling dropped an extra inch.

The install is not the problem I am having two boardson the ground floor and one on the top floor to shorten runs and voltage drop etc also fittinh rcbos to all circuts to meet 17th

I was only asking for advice on what was the preferred method of 1st fix with the large amount of mixed voltage cables and the large number of light points

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back