Hi all, silly drunken question.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I don't drive. Failed mine 21st Dec 92. Never bothered since.

If you park on a hill, you hand break and leave it in gear.

I know you can bump start a car (in 2nd?) yet not an automatic.

How can you park an automatic on a hill??

Hope you all have had great weekend.

Dan x

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
On a hill, always good practice to turn front wheels into kerb so it does not roll forward or backwards so turn the wheels into the kerb accordingly.

Slightly OT but one of the best gadgets on some of the cars we have is that the auto box automatically applies the handbrake and parking mode if you open the car drivers side door whilst tis in drive. I've left the car in drive when in rush parking up trying to get out and call starts to move. This gadget is super fantastic and saved me a problem or too a few times - often happens when yuo are in a rush/preoccupied. In the usa as most cars were auto a lot more than in the uk years ago many accidents where people had inadvertently left in drive and got out and accident after that.

Thanks

On a hill, always good practice to turn front wheels into kerb so it does not roll forward or backwards so turn the wheels into the kerb accordingly.

Slightly OT but one of the best gadgets on some of the cars we have is that the auto box automatically applies the handbrake and parking mode if you open the car drivers side door whilst tis in drive. I've left the car in drive when in rush parking up trying to get out and call starts to move. This gadget is super fantastic and saved me a problem or too a few times - often happens when yuo are in a rush/preoccupied. In the usa as most cars were auto a lot more than in the uk years ago many accidents where people had inadvertently left in drive and got out and accident after that.

Thanks
Tell that to Brian Harvey.

not the best condition to be in when in charge of a vehicle. Sit and calm down, then get out of the car after ensuring it is safe,

No it's not but it happens and that is a fact. Also a fact many get injured and accidents are just that, accidents and this gadget that comes as standard in the big car is something that must be mandatory in all vehicles as this will save many accidents/injuries/lives.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Back