Hi flex flexible hose- does it exist

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I’m in the process of replacing the flexi hoses that sit behind a tower shower unit and am struggling to find a flexi hose that is as flexible as the originals which have split. They‘re 1/2“ tap connections at either end and the originals are 400mm long. I can only find 300 or 500mm long hoses which are thicker than the originals so I’m struggling to fit them the 500mm versions in the space just because of the larger bend radius.Is there such a thing as a high flex braided hose?

Sponsored Links
1) You can join flexy connectors together, which a lot of people don't realise! Not the pushfit ones obvs, the ones which are a 1/2" swivel at the tap and and a compression at the other. The compression male thread is 1/2" too. Just check it's not super sharp ended - run a file over it - so it doesn't cut the washer in the tap connector end of the next flexy.
Other than what it looks like, extra long flexies won't matter assuming you're on a combi/mains/pumped setup. The H + C water will doubtless share the shower-side hose anyway. This would be fine:.
1659689776350.png

2) As they're 1/2", you can use a 90° elbow with the appropriate ends. Eg at https://www.bes.co.uk/catalogsearch/result/?q=1/2"+brass+elbow
or
depending what you've got where.

I think you have explained why super bend flexi's are not a good idea, they have a tendancy to spilt over time as they are made of less roboust materials.

If you buy long enough flexi's then there should be enough pipe to allow the shower panel to fit but still have a radius on the pipe that doesn't put stress on it. Does the panel have space behind/inside it for the flexi's to sit in?

Sponsored Links
Missed the replies to this thread. Thank you for taking the time to reply.

There is some space behind the shower tower, but its tight as there are lots of spray nozzles with associated pipework and a large valve manifold that enables the hand spray, body spray and rain head. Its overly complicated and not to our taste, but until we refurb that bathroom its what we've got :(

The problem with the longer pipes is that they are also thicker so don't bend as easily and take up more space. The original pipes were 400mm which i can't easily find. I've tried 300mm and 500mm long flexis, and the 500mm are the better option, but there is still some spring in the flexi pipes trying to push the tower away from the wall.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back