Hi there Newbie here needing urgent advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there, I need some urgent advice re my neighbours single storey rear extension.

Basic facts are, His Roof has over lapped my flat roof of my rear extension by over a foot.

His roof is about 6 in higher than mine, and to wether it in he has over lapped my roof to use my flat roof dranage.

I wish to get it removed does anyone no my rights..

Thank you

Trevor

Sponsored Links
He should not allow any part of his roof to extend over the boundary line. It doesn't matter how high above your roof it is. You own everything up to the sky. He should also not do anything to cause water to flow off of his land (his roof) onto your land. The first is trespass - the second is nuisance.

so how do I get it removed? can I just cut it off lol ? thank you so much for the reply

Might be better to ask the mods to move this to the

Building Regulations and Planning Permission

sub-forum.

Sponsored Links
I would suggest that you have a talk with him first, it sounds like its contravening Building Regs,
Depending on how well the talk goes then a trip to the Planning Office could be your next step,
Last resort Solicitors if you can afford it.

so how do I get it removed?

20091015145528!Sledgehammer.png

How to remove? Well a reciprocating saw could well see it off. (Might not do an awful lot for neighbourly relations though)

so how do I get it removed? can I just cut it off lol ? thank you so much for the reply

You can do whatever you like with it if it's on your land.

If he cut the overhanging bit off, he could well end up with a prosecution for criminal damage, regardless of the trespass.

Best way is to apply for an injunction to have the trespass removed and the nuisance abated.

You can do whatever you like with it if it's on your land.

If he cut the overhanging bit off, he could well end up with a prosecution for criminal damage, regardless of the trespass.

Best way is to apply for an injunction to have the trespass removed and the nuisance abated.
Woke up with your sensible head on this morning tony. I was thinking chainsaw meself.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back