Hiding shower pipes.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Just about to install a power shower and I will run the pipes under the floor and hoping to hide them in the wall to the shower approx 2m, any tips on how to do this please?

Do I need to chase out the wall from the shower right down to the floor or can I come out as soon as I drop below the top of the bath.

How deep should I chase out, 30mm? I read it may be best to put copper pipe inside plastic pipe and then use expanding foam to fill and finish of with plaster (area to be tiled afterwards)

Can I hide the electric cable in the same channel in its on trunking?

And if its too difficult to drop the pipes straight to the floor can i run them horizontal first to a more convenient place then drop them down to the floor?

I really appreciate your help and advice.

Thankyou.

Sponsored Links
Alanroth said:
Hi

Just about to install a power shower and I will run the pipes under the floor and hoping to hide them in the wall to the shower approx 2m, any tips on how to do this please?
Club hammer, chisel, tub of elbow grease.

Do I need to chase out the wall from the shower right down to the floor or can I come out as soon as I drop below the top of the bath.
Coming out of the wall beneath the bath will be OK, they won't need to be chased below... you can't see them!

How deep should I chase out, 30mm?
Depends what size pipe you are using, but 30mm sounds OK.

I read it may be best to put copper pipe inside plastic pipe and then use expanding foam to fill and finish of with plaster (area to be tiled afterwards)
Use duct tape to lag the pipes otherwise your chase will need to be alot deeper. DON'T use expanding foam... :rolleyes: plaster it up with bonding.

Can I hide the electric cable in the same channel in its on trunking?
Yes, and it must be in trunking.

And if its too difficult to drop the pipes straight to the floor can i run them horizontal first to a more convenient place then drop them down to the floor?
You gotta do what ya gotta do, but it is best not to have joints buried in the wall if you can help it. Straight down from your shower valve would be best.

Lee-King, that is the best reply ever :D Very helpful thankyou.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back