High water in toilet pan

If there is a faulty (the rubber bung) or no aspirator then usually there is no syphonic action triggered and the pan would fill right up and just drains slowly. That being said if yours had one then it certainly needs it and will undoubtedly be the problem
Yep - It sounds like I need a new one - it was fitted originally but it was doing the same thing with it included so I ditched it. Makes sense now!

Sponsored Links
Soon as I saw it, I though Siphonic Pan, then scrolled down and saw the other comments!

As said, needs the Aspirator, or 'Bomb' in the tail of the syphon, which must be fitted correctly and provide an airtight seal, where the tail of the small air tube goes through the hole into the middle trap of the pan.

Should flush something like this.

Bear in mind though, they rely on the siphonic action to clear the contents of the pan, not the power of the flush, so can and do, block very easily if 'overloaded'...

Good old syphonic pans - 2.1/2 gallon flush , if I remember right.:eek: And that old cistern will need an overflow pipe to outside .

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
The design of the pan with the large area of water and the closeness of t'anus to it negates skiddies because there isn't large areas of porcelain for richards to hit on the way down . Also very silent flushing .(y)

A boxing day 2lb depth charge is always going to leave it's mark.

Got to the bottom of this.
The existing siphonic aspirator had been cut off at the top in order to fit the Turbo 88.

While trying to order a new aspirator I found every online outlet stated 'not compatible with the adjustable turbo 88' ...guess what I've got!

Whoever repaired it last must have bodged the aspirator to fit the adjustable T88 (which was pointless because it doesn't work). So, new aspirator and new, fixed Turbo 88 on their way.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back