hips

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi gents
wonder if i could tap u up on a bit of info have been asked to do a report for hips pack if customer goes ahead with purchase is this just a cp12 thanks
daden

Sponsored Links
CP12 will serfice, been asked a few times myself, this is all I do.
As previous post it carp at the momment ;)

Sponsored Links
Thought it was meant to have energy efficiency info in it? Thats not in a CP12...

daden said:
hi gents
wonder if i could tap u up on a bit of info have been asked to do a report for hips pack if customer goes ahead with purchase is this just a cp12 thanks
daden

All singing, all dancing, Home Information pack, to stop the Monkey`s & Poles coming in & installing dodgy appliances, not Law as yet & not worth the paper it`s written on ;) Write what you like, as long as it makes the Estate Agents happy. ;)

The corgi vesrion of cp12 does have a section to confirm it complies with the building regs. You could also quote your city and guilds in energy efficiency crap.

Yes, but hold on folks!

The HIP has to include an energy efficiency assessment like your fridge or washing machine.

It takes into account boiler banding, loft insulation, cavity wall insulation double glazing etc.

I have not seen an instruction on the calculations required anywhere yet.

The courses for HIP inspectors cost £2-£3k

Tony

do ya reckon that Mr Brown may suspend this shyte idea when he gets the reigns of power

I hope so

Yes, but hold on folks!

The HIP has to include an energy efficiency assessment like your fridge or washing machine.

It takes into account boiler banding, loft insulation, cavity wall insulation double glazing etc.

afaik thats ALL that HAS to be in they haven't sorted the rest out yet :rolleyes:

corgiman said:
do ya reckon that Mr Brown may suspend this shyte idea when he gets the reigns of power
I hope so

My mole tells me it will die the death it deserves :D

On Wednesday the Tories will try to kill off the scheme in the Commons, but it is unlikely to succeed.

A second attempt in the Lords the following week could end in ­victory because Lab­our does not have a majority in the Upper House.

Housing minister Yvette Cooper announ­ced last week that 1,902 inspectors had passed their exams to be able to issue Energy Per­formance Certificates.

These determine how energy-efficient a home is, and are compulsory, although critics argue that their chief purpose is to give a veneer of legitimacy after compulsory condition reports were axed.

Lagerkhan said:
Energy Per­formance Certificates....determine how energy-efficient a home is...
It's not a certificate that determines how energy efficient a home is, it's the amount of insulation and draught proofing that does that. The EPC is just a crude attempt to categorise a house based on a limited inspection and some box ticking. It's unlikely to be able to deal with complex or non-standard situations, as might commonly be found in older properties. For the most part it will just state the bleeding obvious. That will be £400, thank you.

Yes and of course surveyors have only ever stated the bleedin obvious, not worth the paper it's writen on.

The only time I paid for a proper survey they house sank on one side 5 years later and £30,000 was knocked off it's value. After getting us to pay for all structural engineers reports and stuff and the first £1,000 the insurance company decided it wasn't moving any longer and gave us a small amount of compensation which was totally inadequate.

No I am not a fan of hibs hips pips or surveys.

We tradesmen know what's a goodun and what's not, why should we pay some sooted and booted numpty with a collapsing ladder and a posh accent to completely miss the real issues?

Sponsored Links
Back