HIVE 3 x MULTIZONE CH NEED HELP PLS WITH BALANCING

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello to all. I have a Worcester Bosch greenstar 38cdi combi boiler with 20 rads over 3 floors and I was hoping if someone could advise me is i want to balance my radiators can I do them 1 floor at a time or do I need to do them by turning on all the floors in one go. By doing them 1 floor at a time it’s easy to work out which rad comes on first but how do I do it over 3 floors with 3 different people. How will we know which one is warmer ?

Apologies if this sounds a bit silly but not sure how to do it.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
as i quick rule of thumb.

close the lockshield valve off on every rad and open 1.5turn on the ground floor and open 1.0 turns on the other 2 floors.
this should get the system pretty close so it all works

Hello snb1. Thanks for replying mate !!!! Should I also check that there is a difference of 11 degrees between flow and return and sorry one last question on the ground floor and attic I have those tall towel radiators. The flow and returns knobs both turn more than the normal rads maybe 3 x more. Do I turn one side fully open and the other as per your instructions mate or do I turn them more ?

Thanks mate

as i quick rule of thumb.

close the lockshield valve off on every rad and open 1.5turn on the ground floor and open 1.0 turns on the other 2 floors.
this should get the system pretty close so it all works
Hello snb1. Thanks for replying mate !!!! Should I also check that there is a difference of 11 degrees between flow and return and sorry one last question on the ground floor and attic I have those tall towel radiators. The flow and returns knobs both turn more than the normal rads maybe 3 x more. Do I turn one side fully open and the other as per your instructions mate or do I turn them more ?

Thanks mate

Sponsored Links
don't worry about the 11 degree differential. it could take weeks to get that perfected and as you have mutiple zones it would often cause some rads to stay cold.
yes on towel rads open 1 end fully and the just open the other 1.0 turn. if it gets hot fine, if not open up another 0.5 turn.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back