Hive replacing a Honeywell timer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi

My Honeywell st9400 appears to be fried since a power cut yesterday. It's showing an internal fault and from a bit of googling that seems terminal. As it is I've been thinking of getting hive for a while but wanted to know if, as well as replacing the thermostat, does it also replace the timer? I'm guessing it does but I don't want to blow £250 quid on hive then find out I need a new timer as well

Sponsored Links
Have you got a boiler contract with British gas? If so you'll get hive for £99 as you've faulty controls
If not tool station and b&q do it for £180

Have you got a boiler contract with British gas? If so you'll get hive for £99 as you've faulty controls
If not tool station and b&q do it for £180

Either way, you'll end up with a Hive. A truly hideous piece of technology.

Sponsored Links
I've not seen one in real life to comment!

I speak from a purely cosmetic stand point. Compared with every alternative Nest, Tado, Evohome and even normal room stats, it looks like it was cobbled together by a blind elephant with a heavy cold.

I think they look awesome, unless you mean the original white ones.

I have the hive and am happy with what it does. It allows me to turn c/ h on and off remotely. It looks fine and the functions are easy to navigate
That said if I moved home I would replace with a nest because it allows a bit more and has more sensors , control s
Not a great deal but a bit more and as they are not a long way apart , price wise I would go that way

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back