Hive wiring problem heating not coming on

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there can anyone help with the wiring in the wiring centre

I have attached a before and after image and I can't get the heating to work can anyone see what I have done wrong.

Thanks in advance

The rest is all working OK

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Hi I have a wocester Greensted Ri and a hot water tank in an airing cupboard and a3 way valve. I will try to upload some more photos in a suitable format thanks

Sponsored Links
Often this situation occurs when an existing room thermostat has been removed but its switching wires have not been bridged so the heating wiring remains permanently 'open circuit'

If that is what has happened, replacing the room thermostat as it was and setting it to its maximum setting will allow the heating to operate. If you then post back details of the room thermostat and its wiring, we can advise on how to decommission it properly.

As I said this is what happens quite frequently, however, you may have another problem, but without any further information it's impossible to say for certain.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
You did purchase the dual channel receiver, didn’t you?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back